Captain Craig of Perseverance drowned Feb 29 1876

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 11:31 AM
      I am hoping that some kind soul can help me with this. I have just been able to access the old newspapers and found this article.

      Ship Captain Drowned off Peterhead
      The Peterhead vessel Perseverance has arrived at that port, coal laden from Sunderland, and reports that on the 29th ult., when 20 miles off Peterhead the master Craig got entangled in the ropes, was thrown overboard and owing to the swell could not be rescued. He has left a widow and four children.
      Glasgow Herald Friday March 3 1876

      Does anyone know which Captain Craig this was?

      Many thanks,
      Susan