RE: [Peterhead] Innes/Mckenzie

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12 2:50 PM

      There is another possibility. My grandmother in Peterhead adopted children. They were either children of friends or distant relatives. One of these, whose name I was unable to discover died shortly after coming to live with my grandmother. The only name I could get from relatives who were quite young at the time was, The Girl from the North.

      William Leslie

      From: Betty Miles <bettymiles@...>
      Subject: [Peterhead] Innes/Mckenzie
      To: "Peterhead list" <peterhead@yahoogroups.com>

      I am looking for information about two young boys buried in the lairs of my STOCKS and FARQUHARSON ancestors in St. Peter's Cemetery. As far as I know they have no connection to our family. They are James INNES, died 17 January 1848, aged 4 months and Daniel McKENZIE, died 3 February 1852, aged 1 year. I am curious as to why they would be buried there, as the lairs were being used for family members during that time.

      Betty

    • Betty Miles
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12 6:04 PM

        Thank you to all for your thoughts on these children. I do know that Margaret Stocks ran a boarding house at about that time and I wondered if the parents may have been living there. Perhaps we'll never know.