Re: [Peterhead] Mary Mackenzie

  • Gweneth Myers
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2013

      No I don't, Hazel, I didn't even know his christian name up until a few weeks ago when I discovered Mary was in Australia.

      From: Hazel Stevenson <riverugie@...>
      Subject: [Peterhead] Mary Mackenzie
      To: "peterhead@yahoogroups.com" <peterhead@yahoogroups.com>

      To Gwyneth,

      Here's some details about Mary Mackenzie.

      She was born about 1828 in Peterhead to John McKenzie, master cooper, b abt 1790 in Ullapool and Isabella, born about 1803 Aberdeen.   She married Alexander Watt, a seaman, born Rosehearty, Pitsligo 26/10/1821.  They had an Episcopalian marriage in Peterhead on 17/9/1849.

      They had one boy and 3 girls who died before 1855, including Helen (12/6/1852).  Son Alexander was born abt 18 July 1855 at Longate, Peterhead.

      Alexander Watt - Details from Seaman's Ticket 153016.  5ft 7inches tall.  Hair brown, complexion ruddy, eyes hazel.  In 1841 he was a steward.  He was run aground in New York 24/4/47.

      Hope this is helpful.  (I'm not related but am interested in all early Watts to see if I can find more links.)

      Hazel