Re: [Peterhead] Re: Strachan/May family?

  • mackin.gen@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
      Thanks! It is them. The strangest thing is I tried the same search and got nothing. It happened to me with a search the other day too.

      Rachel

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
        Hi again Rachel,

        Just checked the 1901 census and found Sarah aged 59 living with 5 of her children at 5 Harbour Street, Peterhead. She is classified as fishermans widow.
        Also I think I've found her in 1891 visiting Thomas Gray in Whinnyfold, Cruden. She is hiding there age 49 fishermans wife by the name of Sarah May.
        At a guess I would say she died in 1916 and now I'll go away and let you carry on!

        Paula