Re: Strachan/May family?

  • pauladixon23
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28 9:20 AM
      Hi Rachel,

      I have just searched on Scotlands People using the following:

      Male Surname: Strachan (surname variants)
      Male Forename: Andrew
      Female Surname: May
      Female Forename: Sara (not Sarah)
      Year range 1862 - 1862
      County: Aberdeen

      Just 1 match comes up which should be yours. I haven't got any credits otherwise I'd check it for you. Fingers crossed!

      Paula
    • mackin.gen@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28 9:51 AM
        Thanks! It is them. The strangest thing is I tried the same search and got nothing. It happened to me with a search the other day too.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28 10:05 AM
          Hi again Rachel,

          Just checked the 1901 census and found Sarah aged 59 living with 5 of her children at 5 Harbour Street, Peterhead. She is classified as fishermans widow.
          Also I think I've found her in 1891 visiting Thomas Gray in Whinnyfold, Cruden. She is hiding there age 49 fishermans wife by the name of Sarah May.
          At a guess I would say she died in 1916 and now I'll go away and let you carry on!

          Paula