Eliza Stevenson

  • Malcolm Simpson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 1999
      Hello, my first message.Re. 161, 162.

      I believe Eliza Stevenson must be the daughter of Capt.George Simpson and Jane Innes.born Peterhead,1827.Her brother Alexander Simpson married Christian Ewen in 1858.Hence , one can see the naming of her children.
      My interests are to find the father of the above George Simpson born Peterhead 1797 died Peterhead 1848 ,mother Margaret Buchan born Peterhead about 1775, died Peterhead 1819.
      Any help would be most helpful.
      Malcolm.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
        Hi Malcom,

        Malcolm Simpson wrote:

        > I believe Eliza Stevenson must be the daughter of Capt.George Simpson
        > and Jane Innes.born Peterhead,1827.

        I assume you have Eliza Stevenson and family from the 1881 census. If
        you don't let me know. I didn't see an Eliza Stevenson or Simpson born
        about 1827 in the 1851 census for Peterhead.

        > My interests are to find the father of the above George Simpson born
        > Peterhead 1797 died Peterhead 1848

        This might help, only two Simpson families in the 1801 census for
        Peterhead.

        St.Peters Lane, No. House 383, Name of Principal Tenant: Alexander
        Simpson, two families in the house, 5 males and 3 females.

        Aughtigall, No.House 147, Name of Principal Tenant: Isabel Simpson, one
        family, one female.

        Do you have Jane in the 1851 census?

        ,mother Margaret Buchan born Peterhead about 1775, died Peterhead 1819.

        The other suggestion could be to look at the Peterhead OPR deaths (I
        will have a look, next time I get a chance) as it could give Margaret
        Buchan late wife of .........
        or look for a headstone, since you know the lair number.