Re: [Peterhead] Re: The Brick Wall

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 21, 2013
      If there's no stone, then you are dependent on the lair records. You can go to Peterhead and look at them in the Registrar's office (by appointment) or you can check Deceased Online. I have just done a quick check at Deceased Online, and they list both Catherine McDougal buried on 6 May 1900 in "Peterhead Cemetery" which I think means Constitution Street, and Archibald McDougal, buried on 5 May 1905 also in "Peterhead Cemetery". I think this might very well be your Archibald!

      Mary

      On 22/01/2013, at 1:18 PM, Judy Parrish <parrishjudy@...> wrote:

      Hi Alex
      Sorry to butt in, sometimes when I have a brick wall I look in NZ,  don't know why but a I have
      a few seaman end up there.  The following may not be your Archibald!!

      There is an Archibald McDougall listed in New Zealand BMD who died in 1917  aged 81,   plus
      an Archibald McDougall  buried  in Anderson Bay Cemetery , it lists retired and native of Scotland.
      In the same plot is a Thomas Pettigrew a labourer and native of Scotland.
      Regards
      Judy