Re: [Peterhead] Re: The Brick Wall

  • A MacPhee
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 21, 2013
      Thank you so much, this has been such a productive thread for me, and at least I now know where she lies. And I've also had so many new leads to follow.

      Kind regards,
      Alex

      On 22 January 2013 00:56, Wade Buchan <wsb@...> wrote:

      Catherine Hay is buried in The Peterhead Constitution Street Cemetery Lair A59 (I will have to check that number, from what I found last night).  No headstone and appears to be a common grave, no other McDougalls.

      Regards,
      Wade

    • Judy Parrish
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 21, 2013

        Hi Alex
        Sorry to butt in, sometimes when I have a brick wall I look in NZ,  don't know why but a I have
        a few seaman end up there.  The following may not be your Archibald!!

        There is an Archibald McDougall listed in New Zealand BMD who died in 1917  aged 81,   plus
        an Archibald McDougall  buried  in Anderson Bay Cemetery , it lists retired and native of Scotland.
        In the same plot is a Thomas Pettigrew a labourer and native of Scotland.
        Regards
        Judy

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 21, 2013
          Alex, You could have a look at deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com). They have some Peterhead records, also some from other parts of Scotland, in case your ancestor was not buried in Peterhead. Worth a try. I think you get a basic search for free, but if  you want more you have to join, or buy credits.

          Mary

          On 22/01/2013, at 11:27 AM, A MacPhee <alexmacphee@...> wrote:

          This is another excellent suggestion. I don't at present know where she's buried, only that she died on 15th May 1900 in Brook Lane, Peterhead, and that she married in the Episcopal Church in, I think, Merchant Street. Are there resources that might list lairs? I've had a suggestion to look at the Buchan Roots site, and that looks worth registering with.

          Alex

          On 21 January 2013 23:25, flss1 <flss1@...> wrote:

          Just wondering if your Great Grandmother's headstone mentions her husband?If he died after her, & out of the country, there may still be an inscription although he's not actually buried in the same lair.

          Mary Barnes

        • Mary Barnes