Re: Carle

  • ross
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
      Jessie Kinghorn had a illegitimate child with Gordon Carle. Her name was Isabella Kinghorn. It has taken over 70 years to discover where the Kinghorn name comes from. Jessie Kinghorn the year after she had Isabella Married James Duncan. Isabella eventually had a number of half brothers and sisters.

      Isabella later married someone called Watson she had a half brother called Alexander Duncan who married Susan Chisholm had three sons. One was called George Kinghorn Duncan

      Isabella Watson had a number of children one was called Lilly Ann Watson eventually married George KInghorn Duncan. They had three children.

      There only son was called George Kinghorn Duncan

      I am the son of George Kinghorn Duncan

      Lilly Ann Watson

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Wade Buchan <wsb@...> wrote:

      > I have the marriage details if you don't already have them.
      >
      > Regards, Wade.
      >
      > jcka2002 wrote:
      >
      > > Is anyone researching Gordon Carle b1845 Longside and Mary Fraser
      > > b1848 Rathen, m1868 Peterhead.

    • Allan Harrop
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
        Hi

        My Gr Gr Grandfather was AlexanderJohnstone Kinghorn, brother of "your" Jessie
        Jessie was Christened in Peterhead 26/1/1840 as Janet Sim Kinghorn.
        Their parents were Alexander Kinghorn and Christian Middleton. This Alexander was born illegitimately in Old Deer in December 1812 to Margaret Stephen, who told the Kirk session that the father of her child was Adam Kinghorn of Longside.
        This Adam did not marry Margaret, but married Jane Cocker instead and had a large family.
        I would love to know what became of Margaret, and if she married. The only clues I have are the middle names of Johnstone and Sim. Anyone any ideas?

        Eileen