Re: [Peterhead] Family tree

  • Steve Broekmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
      Hi Mary,

      My connections match up with yours at various points, but I have almost no information about the STEPHEN or MITCHELL folk apart from those who came to South Africa.  You might, however, like to have a look at Jim Mann Taylors  site http://www.loadsofpeople.co.uk/ and see what you can find.

      Stephen
      S C Broekmann

      On 29/12/2012 07:40 PM, mary m wrote:

      Hello,
      I am wondering if anyone can let me know any information about the following families:
      * William MITCHELL born 1870, married in 1898, Mary Jane STEPHEN, daughter of William Stephen and Barbara Mitchell of Port Henry Road.
      * Jean MITCEHLL born 1840, married in 1870, Alexander BUCHAN, son of Andrew Buchan and Susan Hastie of Peterhead.
      * Barbara MITCHELL born 1844, married in 1874, William STEPHEN, son of Peter Stephen and Jane Stephen of Boddam.
      * Elizabeth MITCHELL born 1846, married in 1870, Peter STRACHAN, son of George Strachan and Marjory Buchan of Peterhead.
      * Margaret MITCHELL born 1846, had a daughter Mary Stephen Mitchell born 1871 to John STEPHEN.

      The Mitchell family lived in Pitullie.
      Thank You for your attention.