Family tree

  • mary m
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hello,
      I am wondering if anyone can let me know any information about the following families:
      * William MITCHELL born 1870, married in 1898, Mary Jane STEPHEN, daughter of William Stephen and Barbara Mitchell of Port Henry Road.
      * Jean MITCEHLL born 1840, married in 1870, Alexander BUCHAN, son of Andrew Buchan and Susan Hastie of Peterhead.
      * Barbara MITCHELL born 1844, married in 1874, William STEPHEN, son of Peter Stephen and Jane Stephen of Boddam.
      * Elizabeth MITCHELL born 1846, married in 1870, Peter STRACHAN, son of George Strachan and Marjory Buchan of Peterhead.
      * Margaret MITCHELL born 1846, had a daughter Mary Stephen Mitchell born 1871 to John STEPHEN.

      The Mitchell family lived in Pitullie.
      Thank You for your attention.
    • anne.allan35@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
        The Family History Society of Buchan may be able to help with queries. www..buchanroots.co.uk Is their website

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012

          I am wondering if anyone can let me know any information about the following families:
          * William MITCHELL born 1870, married in 1898, Mary Jane STEPHEN, daughter of William Stephen and Barbara Mitchell of Port Henry Road.
          * Jean MITCEHLL born 1840, married in 1870, Alexander BUCHAN, son of Andrew Buchan and Susan Hastie of Peterhead.
          * Barbara MITCHELL born 1844, married in 1874, William STEPHEN, son of Peter Stephen and Jane Stephen of Boddam.
          * Elizabeth MITCHELL born 1846, married in 1870, Peter STRACHAN, son of George Strachan and Marjory Buchan of Peterhead.

          Peter Strachan died 19 Nov 1918 on board a fishing boat “The Friends” lying in South Harbour, Peterhead (Usual Abode: 11 James Street Peterhead), age 70.

          Their children: Marjory Strachan 1871, Peter “Shonie” Strachan 1873, Margaret Linn Strachan 1875, William Mitchell Strachan 1877, John Soutter Strachan 1880, Alexander Strachan 1882, Jane Oglvie Strachan 1884 and Mary Stephen Strachan 1888.

          Peter “Shonie” Strachan died 6 Mar 1937 married Elizabeth Buchan 5 Sep 1898 Peterhead, 8 children.

          * Margaret MITCHELL born 1846, had a daughter Mary Stephen Mitchell born 1871 to John STEPHEN..

          Regards,

          Wade.

        • Steve Broekmann
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2012
            Hi Mary,

            My connections match up with yours at various points, but I have almost no information about the STEPHEN or MITCHELL folk apart from those who came to South Africa.  You might, however, like to have a look at Jim Mann Taylors  site http://www.loadsofpeople.co.uk/ and see what you can find.

            Stephen
            S C Broekmann