Seeking Info on the Following Names

  • kirsteen.warren
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hi
      I am new to this group but have been doing my family tree for many years,

      A lot of my family were born in Peterhead or moved to Peterhead in the 1800's

      My main interests right now are Dalgarno, Shewan, Blaw/Blow,
      My Shewan side goes back to Andrew Shewan married to Jane Johnston
      there son John Married Elizabeth Smith,
      Son David Married Jessie Thompson
      I have 11 Children for Jessie and David, and have most of the Marriages

      My other Shewan interests are Andrew Shewan Married to Mary Thom
      I have 7 Children for them my line come through Daughter Mary who married Charles Weymss
      According to the marriage certificate of Mary and Charles. Charles Parents were Charles Weymss and Mary weir, I have been unable to find Charles Weymss death certificate though I know he was dead pre 1892

      I have several Charles Weymss Death Certificates and it is frustrating as none of them appear to be him,

      I am descendant of there son Andrew Shewan Weymss,he never married ut was in a relationship with Jessie Adam/s and as far as I know they had 5 Children together,

      id anyone has any info on any of the above lines i would love to hear from them i do have a lot of info I can share on these families

      James Shewan Weymss Adams son of Andrew Shewan Weymss and Jessie Adam/s Married Jessie McBride Curry McKay Logan, they are my grandparents,

      I also have an interest in any Dalgarno families in Peterhead,

      I have managed to ties 17 lines of Dalgarno;s together and have a lot of info I can share, i do however have some missing info,

      i would be very grateful to hear from anyone who is researching any o the above names

      Thank you
      Kirsteen
    • J GARDEN
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2012
        Hello Kirsteen, my name is Garden,have just seen your posting on yahoo groups, ref family tree search, I have only one name in the list that you are seeking info.on, & that is the " "DELGARNO" connection. If I can be of any help with this, ask away please should it be the same line.Look forward to hearing  from you.
        James Garden.

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Peterhead-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Peterhead-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2012

          My Shewan side goes back to Andrew Shewan married to Jane Johnston

          Do you want death certificate details for:

          Shewan Agnes B1782 D1860 No.182, Father: Shewan, Andrew Mother’s Maiden name: Johnston

          there son John Married Elizabeth Smith,

          Do you want death certificate details for:

          Shewan Andrew B1819 D1857, No: 78, Father: Shewan, John, Mother’s Maiden name: Smith

          Regards,

          Wade.

        • kirsteen.warren
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
            Hi Wade,

            I would love a copy of the certificates you have for Andrew and Agnes
            I have a copy of John's death, but it is so bad, i can hardly read it, if you have a clear copy, i would really appreciate a copy,

            If there is any info i can exchange please let me know,

            Kirsteen

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013

              My Shewan side goes back to Andrew Shewan married to Jane Johnston

              Do you want death certificate details for:

              Shewan Agnes B1782 D1860 No.182, Father: Shewan, Andrew Mother’s Maiden name: Johnston

              Agnes Shewan (Single), died 24/11/1860 0h 30m PM at 3 Back Street, Female, age 78 years, parents: Andrew Shewan, Farmer (dead) and Jean Shewan ms Johnston (dead), cause: Influenza, 10 days, Informant: John Kerr, Son, Present, Occupier.

              there son John Married Elizabeth Smith,

              Do you want death certificate details for:

              Shewan Andrew B1819 D1857, No: 78, Father: Shewan, John, Mother’s Maiden name: Smith

              Andrew Shewan, Sheriff-Officer (Married), died 18/7/1857 1h 30m am at 37 Marischal Street, Peterhead, Male, age 38 years, parents: John Shewman, Farmer and Elizabeth Shewan ms Smith, cause: Rupture of the Portal Vein, informant: Ann Gray, Her x mark, Neighbour, present.

              Regards,

              Wade.