Fw: [Peterhead] ships to Australia

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012

      My Florence family I have found living in Peterhead 1841 census.  One member of the family decided to try life in Australia sometime after 1841 and before 1851.

      Which would be the nearest Port to  board a ship for Australia?

      I wonder if anyone else on the list may be interested in the Florence family of Peterhead?

      Marie
    • Elisabeth Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
        At 10:55 AM 7/12/2012, you wrote:

        >My Florence family I have found living in Peterhead 1841
        >census. One member of the family decided to try life in Australia
        >sometime after 1841 and before 1851.
        >
        >Which would be the nearest port to board a ship for Australia?

        I don't have an interest in the Florence family ... but you MAY find
        something on arrivals on either the Tasmanian, Victorian, or NSW
        archives sites - possibly even South Australia. The indexes are not
        all on line and aren't complete though.

        Regards,
        Elisabeth