Re: [Peterhead]: Captains Murray of Peterhead, Dangerous Work etc.

  • Colin Murray
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2012
      Thank you very much for that Alison,

      Think I must have gone word blind I've got the Aberdeen Journal, dated 1 August 1894, page 5, col. 4 (pdf file) in front of me and I still can't see the article, it starts with 'A chapter of tradgedies' and ends with 'Election News' and nothing in between about Alex. Murray, so guess its magnifying glass time again then.

      Thanks again Alison
    • Alison Kennedy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 28, 2012
        Colin

        There were a several versions of the Aberdeen Journal printed and I might be looking at a slightly different version to the one you are looking at, as my source is Gale Newspapers as opposed to FindMyPast which I take it you have used, and this might explain why its appearing on page 5, col 4 in my edition and not yours!  Can you see a column somewhere headed "Aberdeen District Gossip" if so scroll down until you see a sub-heading "Buchan" and you should (hopefully) see the article.

        Hope this helps.

        Alison

        Think I must have gone word blind I've got the Aberdeen Journal, dated 1 August 1894, page 5, col. 4 (pdf file) in front of me and I still can't see the article, it starts with 'A chapter of tradgedies' and ends with 'Election News' and nothing in between about Alex. Murray, so guess its magnifying glass time again then.

        Thanks again Alison

        _
      • Colin Murray
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2012
          Thanks for the gen Alison.

          I've looked through most of the paper now and as far as I can see there is no "Aberdeen District Gossip" anywhere, nearest to that is "District News" so looks like FindMyPast/The British Library Board have got the right paper but cross linked the search to the wrong edition, i'll have to contact them about it. I'll have a look at the Gale Newspapers site, notice that appears to be in association with the British Library Board as well.

          Colin