DAVIDSON Death 1861

  • Val Lowrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 1999
      Hi Wade

      Are you able to give me the death details of James DAVIDSON from the
      Death Index?
      Details from the Index are:
      James DAVIDSON,
      Born: 1782
      Died: 1861.
      Ref No 54.
      Father: Alexander DAVIDSON.
      Mother: WOOD

      And I wonder if he and his wife, possibly Elizabeth are listed in the
      1851 census at Errol St. (maybe 1/4 Errol St)
      Is the 1841 census indexed or do we have to know the correct address.

      Kind regards
      Val Lowrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 1999
        Hi Val,

        Val Lowrie wrote:

        > Are you able to give me the death details of James DAVIDSON from the
        > Death Index?
        > Ref No 54.

        No.54, James Davidson, weaver widower of Ann Greig 14/4/1861 6 h am at
        Uphill Lane, male, age 79 years, parents: Alexander Davidson (dead) and
        Janet Davidson ms Wood (dead), cause: apoplext about 6 days, informant:
        John Davidson son not present 35/2 Broad Street.

        > And I wonder if he and his wife, possibly Elizabeth are listed in the
        > 1851 census at Errol St. (maybe 1/4 Errol St)

        Not sure if this is the same James, but it is the only one close to that
        age in Peterhead.

        District 1, page 5, No.4, Union Street
        James Davidson, head, mar, 69, Clerk, Peterhead
        Ann Davidson, wife, mar, 72, Peterhead
        Elizabeth Davidson, daur, unmar, 35, Peterhead
        Alexander Murray, lodger, unmar, 22, Ship Carpenter, Peterhead

        > Is the 1841 census indexed or do we have to know the correct address.

        As far as I know, the 1841 census as not been indexed. You would need
        to go through the whole lot, but knowing an address at that time would
        help.

        Regards, Wade.
      • Val Lowrie
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
          Hi Wade
          and thank you for the info on James DAVIDSON.

          It is much appreciated.

          Regards
          Val Lowrie