RE: [Peterhead] Re: Great Britain, Masters and Mates Certificates, 1850-1927

  • John & Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2012

      Thanks Annette

      James Keith could be the right one. It was a common name – sometimes you get lucky. William Boyd was born on 24 November 1810 and drowned in Calcutta in 1841. His death certificate indicates that at the time he was Commander of the brig “Mary Gray”. Looking at the dates of the data base, perhaps he appears in an earlier one.

      Cheers

      Margaret

      From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of scotnel4
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Great Britain, Masters and Mates Certificates, 1850-1927

      There is one for a James Keith born 1806 dated August 1853 so I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for. at the moment I'm not finding anything for a william Boyd - when was he born?