Re: [Peterhead] Great Britain, Masters and Mates Certificates, 1850-1927

  • candjhinricks@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2012
      Thank you so much for this information.  Have found certs not only for my Peterhead ancestors (Allan) but my English ancestors as well.  Made my day.

      Janet
    • William E Scheyer
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2012
        Annette:

        My Great Great Grandfather's name was Robert Davidson. Born 1840/1841 Please
        send me his certificates. His father also named Robert, birthdate unknown,
        was also a seaman. Perhaps you could find certificates for him too.

        Regards,

        William
      • John & Margaret Hector
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2012

          Thanks Annette

          James Keith could be the right one. It was a common name – sometimes you get lucky. William Boyd was born on 24 November 1810 and drowned in Calcutta in 1841. His death certificate indicates that at the time he was Commander of the brig “Mary Gray”. Looking at the dates of the data base, perhaps he appears in an earlier one.

          Cheers

          Margaret

          From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of scotnel4
          Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Great Britain, Masters and Mates Certificates, 1850-1927

          There is one for a James Keith born 1806 dated August 1853 so I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for. at the moment I'm not finding anything for a william Boyd - when was he born?