Peterhead Davidsons- YDNA Testing

  • lost_without_me
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2012
      Greetings Davidson Men from Peterhead and Abderdeenshire,

      Please consider DNA testing either through FTDNA, or whatever is available in Scotland and the results can be transferred or entered into YSEARCH (ysearch.org). I'm getting tired of having no Davidson Y-DNA matches and it's only because I don't think a single Davidson from Aberdeenshire has taken the test. Someone even suggested I might be from a different family name because my closest match is a "Curley" from Ireland. The day I get a match to a Davidson in Scotland will be a bonnie day indeed!

      Cheers,

      Bill Davison (Davidson)

      Ancestor- James Davidson (married Janet Cheyne), Peterhead, circa early 1600's