Re: Marriage Index Update

  • Alex MacPhee
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2012
      Hello Wade,

      Many thanks for the work you put in to these helpful indexes. The Marriage Index lists the marriage of one of my ancestors, Archibald McDougall (m.1883 Jemima Hutchison). You may want to note an entry for Archibald's second marriage, after Jemima died in childbirth in 1890. On 21 Sep 1891 he married Catherine Hay (b.14 Feb 1887), also in Peterhead (GROS 232/01 0071). Catherine was the daughter of Andrew Hay and Jane Findlay.

      Alex

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Wade Buchan" <wsb@...> wrote:

      > The Marriage Index has been updated
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peterhead/files/Peterhead%20Indexes/
      >
      > It now includes complete years 1860 (including Landward Part 2) and 1861
      >
      > Regards,
      > Wade.

    • A MacPhee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2012
        Oops. Why do you only notice typos after you've pressed the 'Send' key?  Catherine was born in 1867, not 1887 as I mis-typed.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2012

          Hi Alex,

          Yeah, that is what I did with a couple of my last posts, hit send only to notice a typo.

          Do have a copy of the marriage certificate you could send me to add to the index?

          Regards, Wade.