Re: Stephen

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 1999
      Hi Anna,

      Welcome to the list.

      anna wilkie wrote:

      > I am hoping to find out more about my husband's STEPHEN ancestors in
      > Peterhead.
      > His greatgrandfather was JAMES CORDINER STEPHEN b. Sept 1, 1856 in
      > Peterhead. James parents were (According to his marriage record) ROBERT
      > STEPHEN and ANN CORDINER. I am hoping to find out if this was the Robert
      > Stephen and ANN cordiner who were married in Peterhead on NOv 22, 1855.

      I hope some of this helps.

      Peterhead 1855 Marriages
      No.45, 22/11/1855 at Peterhead, Robert Stephen, age 24, Cooper,
      bachelor, born Peterhead 1831, parents: Robert Stephen Seaman and Janet
      Davidson married Ann Cordiner, age 22, spinster, born Peterhead 1833,
      parents: James Cordiner Seaman and Ann Sellar, witnesses: Robert
      Davidson and James Cordiner.

      1863 Marriages
      No.42, 27/9/1863, Roneheads, Episcopal Church, Robert Taylor, seaman,
      bachelor, age 22, residence: Roneheads, parents: William Taylor seaman
      and Mary Taylor ms Gary, married Mary Cordiner, spinster, 23,
      Roneheads, parents: James Cordiner and Ann Cordiner ms Sellar,
      witnesses: Robert Stephen and William Taylor.

      1865 Marriages
      No.20, 24/3/1865, Church of Scotland, James Cordiner Seaman, bachelor,
      age 27, residence: Roneheads, parents: James Cordiner Seaman and Ann
      Cordiner ms Sellar married Jean Cardno, spinster, age 25, Keith Street,
      parents: David Cardno Seaman and Emily Cardon ms Broddie, witnesses:
      John Cardno and John Cardno Jr.

      Peterhead Deaths 1867
      No.126, Matthew Stewart Stephen, single, 5/8/1867 9h 55m pm at 17 Keith
      Street, male, 19mths, parents: Robert Stephen, cooper and Ann Stephen ms
      Cordiner, cause: a) Diarrhoea 10 days b) Meningitis 2 days, informant:
      Robert Stephen, father, present.

      1881 Census
      Dwelling: 27 School St
      Census Place: Fraserburgh, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203456 GRO Ref Volume 196 EnumDist 5 Page
      29
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      James C. STEPHEN M 24 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Cooper
      Christina STEPHEN M 17 F Broadsea, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Wife

      Dwelling: 18 Keith Street
      Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Source: FHL Film 0203464 GRO Ref Volume 232-1 EnumDist 1
      Page 7
      Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      Robert STEPHEN M 50 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Head
      Occ: Cooper
      Ann Cordiner STEPHEN M 48 F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Wife
      Occ: Wife To Cooper
      Robert STEPHEN U 23 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Barber
      William STEPHEN U 21 M Boddam, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Cooper
      Ann STEPHEN U 18 F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Occ: Servant
      David STEPHEN 13 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Scholar
      Mathew STEPHEN 10 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Scholar
      John STEPHEN 7 M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Son
      Occ: Scholar
      Jessie STEPHEN 5 F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
      Rel: Dau
      Occ: Scholar