1841 census

  • Gweneth Myers
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
      G'day all
      Does anyone know if there was a Marshall Street in Peterhead in 1841?  I have a printout of the census with the family of John McKenzie and it looks like Marshall Street.  I also can't read a house number - I have attached the page in question.  Any help would be appreciated.

      Cheers
      Gweneth Myers
      melbourne Aus.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
        Hi Gweneth,

        In Peterhead the spelling is Marischal Street and unfortunately the early census didn't always record house numbers.

        That entry just gives Southside of Marischal Street.

        Regards, Wade.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 05/06/2012, at 1:18 PM, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...> wrote:

        G'day all
        Does anyone know if there was a Marshall Street in Peterhead in 1841?  I have a printout of the census with the family of John McKenzie and it looks like Marshall Street.  I also can't read a house number - I have attached the page in question.  Any help would be appreciated.

        Cheers
        Gweneth Myers
        melbourne Aus.

        <1841 census Peterhead JohnMcKenzieFamily.pdf>
      • Gweneth Myers
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
          Thanks Wade

          Message 4 of 7 , May 23, 2013

            Hi Wade,

            I am just checking to see if I am still on your newsgroup list. The last message I received from the group was on 21/4/13.

            Lyn