RE: [Peterhead] Slessor

  • Mopar Man
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2012

      I’ve got Alexander Slessor (b. 5/26/1789 Cruden, possible d. 2/3/1851 Fraserburgh) in my tree. I also have his daughter, Mary Slessor (b. ~1815, d. 3/20/1895 Peterhead) who married my great-great grandfather, John Wallace.

      Do you have any specifics for that line of Slessors?

      Matt

      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2012
        Hi Matt

        I think I have The same Alexander Slessor, same birth date but different death date and I haven't come across a Mary as his daughter. I have been using ancestry.com to build it. Sometimes I think if there is a mistake it gets copied across as your using other peoples trees. His wife is down as jean or Jane grey. Can I send you a link for you to take a look?

        Thanks

        Sam

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Mopar Man" <moparman4@...> wrote:

        > I've got Alexander Slessor (b. 5/26/1789 Cruden, possible d. 2/3/1851
        > Fraserburgh) in my tree. I also have his daughter, Mary Slessor (b. ~1815,
        > d. 3/20/1895 Peterhead) who married my great-great grandfather, John
        > Wallace.
        >

        > Do you have any specifics for that line of Slessors?
        >

        > Matt

      • Celtic Mist
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2012
          I Have a Babara Thomson Married to a William Slesser/ Slessor 1840'ssssssss

          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2012
            Thanks for the replys. I have been distracted by researching medals from my great grandad Stannard but am also waiting for my login details from the Peterhead historical society and hope I can then sort out which Slessors are part of our line. I've been adding bits and bobs on ancestry but haven't verified anything. Although I did find my father in laws cousin Andrew Kerr in Australia who has sent us some family pictures and is now writing to Bob via email. I am on ancestry.co.uk as the same user name manth1975 so please take a look at my tree : )

            Thanks

            Sam Slessor