RE: [Peterhead] Re a Peterhead census

  • John & Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

      Thank you. I will look into the matter further. Cheers Margaret

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
        The 1801 Census and. several other Peterhead items are also available online from The Family History Society of Buchan at www.buchanroots,co,uk.

        From: "John & Margaret Hector" <akoonah@...>
        Sender: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:23:07 +0800
        To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com

        Good morning all,

        Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

        Cheers

        Margaret

        I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

        Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

        Alex

      • Steve Broekmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
          Would anyone perhaps know if the 1801 booklet on Peterhead includes the village of Boddam?

          Steve

        • Kenmalley4@aol.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012

              Thank you all for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

              Cheers

              Margaret