Re: [Peterhead] Re a Peterhead census

  • Marion La Rooij
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
      Hi Margaret,

      There is an 1801 in booklet form. From memory it gave address, head of household, occupation, & (I think) age..nos in house, males & females.

        Sent: Thursday, 26 April 2012 3:23 PM
      Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Re a Peterhead census

      Good morning all,
      Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?
      Cheers
      Margaret
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

        Thank you. I will look into the matter further. Cheers Margaret

      • anne.allan35@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
          The 1801 Census and. several other Peterhead items are also available online from The Family History Society of Buchan at www.buchanroots,co,uk.

          From: "John & Margaret Hector" <akoonah@...>
          Sender: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:23:07 +0800
          To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com

          Good morning all,

          Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

          Cheers

          Margaret

          I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

          Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

          Alex

        • Steve Broekmann
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
            Would anyone perhaps know if the 1801 booklet on Peterhead includes the village of Boddam?

            Steve

          • Kenmalley4@aol.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012

                Thank you all for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

                Cheers

                Margaret