RE: [Peterhead] Re a Peterhead census

  • John & Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

      Good morning all,

      Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

      Cheers

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
        Hi Margaret,

        There is an 1801 in booklet form. From memory it gave address, head of household, occupation, & (I think) age..nos in house, males & females.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

          Thank you. I will look into the matter further. Cheers Margaret

        • anne.allan35@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
            The 1801 Census and. several other Peterhead items are also available online from The Family History Society of Buchan at www.buchanroots,co,uk.

            From: "John & Margaret Hector" <akoonah@...>
            Sender: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:23:07 +0800
            To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com

            Good morning all,

            Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

            Cheers

            Margaret

            I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

            Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

            Alex

          • Steve Broekmann
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
              Would anyone perhaps know if the 1801 booklet on Peterhead includes the village of Boddam?

              Steve

            • Kenmalley4@aol.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012

                  Thank you all for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

                  Cheers

                  Margaret