Re: Rosebud

  • Mori
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2012
      Dear Kevin and others

      I am researching vessels owned in Australia and New Zealand. Further information on this project can be found at my website at www.boatregister.net.

      So far I have located references to 13 vessels that were built at Peterhead between 1842 and 1875. I am seeking someone who would be interested in corresponding regarding the history of these vessels, in particular I am interested in establishing their builders and early history. Perhaps someone has the book "A Peterhead Portrait" handy. In exchange, I have some information about their history while in Australia and New Zealand. The vessels are:

      Schooner Rosebud 1842
      Brig Lalla Rookh 1848
      Barque Ellon Castle 1853
      Barque Leonidas 1854
      2mst Schooner Yarra 1858
      Barque Charlotte Andrews 1862
      Barque Prospector 1863
      3mst Schooner Garron 1867
      3mst Schooner Elderslie 1868
      Barquentine Rosebud 1869
      3mst Schooner Estelle 1869
      3mst Schooner Countess of Errol 1873
      3mst Schooner Lochiel of 1875

      I note that the Rosebud is the same vessel mentioned in Kevin's email.

      The Garron and Lochiel are listed in Lloyds register as being built by Stephen. Was this Stephen & Forbes?

      Any assistance would be much appreciated.

      Regards
      Mori