Re a Peterhead census

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011
      I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

      Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

      Alex
    • John & Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25 8:23 PM

        Good morning all,

        Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

        Cheers

        Margaret

        I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

        Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

        Alex

      • Marion La Rooij
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25 9:24 PM
          Hi Margaret,

          There is an 1801 in booklet form. From memory it gave address, head of household, occupation, & (I think) age..nos in house, males & females.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25 9:39 PM

            Thank you. I will look into the matter further. Cheers Margaret

          • anne.allan35@btinternet.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25 11:16 PM
              The 1801 Census and. several other Peterhead items are also available online from The Family History Society of Buchan at www.buchanroots,co,uk.

              From: "John & Margaret Hector" <akoonah@...>
              Sender: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:23:07 +0800
              To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com

              Good morning all,

              Alex sent an email last year about a 1801 Peterhead census draft. Could someone tell me what details it shows?

              Cheers

              Margaret

              I am a member of the Tay Valley FHS in Angus and regularly receive a magazine from them. In the latest edition there is an article re census returns and it mentions that there is in existence a census draft for Peterhead dated from 1801. It is available from /published by the ANESFHS. Hopefully this is of some use to members.

              Dunnotar Parish is also featured with 1811 and 1821 returns available in microfilm at Aberdeenshire Libraries

              Alex

            • Steve Broekmann
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26 12:23 AM
                Would anyone perhaps know if the 1801 booklet on Peterhead includes the village of Boddam?

                Steve

              • Kenmalley4@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 26 5:32 PM

                    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

                    Cheers

                    Margaret