John McKimmie

  • margaretmgeddes@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      Hi Wade

      I am searching for information on John McKimmie who is my maternal grandfather. He was a cooper to trade and born in Macduff in 1888. He married my grandmother Margaret Ann Murray in 1916. They moved to Peterhead around about 1925, and was residence at 18 Harbour Street. John died in Yarmouth in 1935 and is buried in Constution Street Cemetry along with his wife, who died in 1977.

      I know very little about him other than he was a member of the labour party and that he was a self educated man.

      Margaret