RE: [Peterhead] William Allan, Shipmaster born 17/08/1823

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011

      Hi David,

      The 1851 Census in this case does not give the house number, they happen to be living next to my 3xgreat-grandfather, David McWilliam

      Peterhead 1851 Census, District 11, page 19, No.85 (not house number), Prince(s) Street

      Helen Allan, Head, Mar, age 26, Seaman Wife, born Peterhead

      William Allan, Son, age 5, At Home, born Peterhead

      Helen Allan, Daur, age 3, born Peterhead

      John Allan, Son, age 1, born Peterhead

      John Wallace, Brother, age 10, Errand Boy, born Peterhead

      You will probably have more luck with a house number from a birth certificate, if they had any other children after 1855 or the 1861 census, but they may have moved.

      I’ll send you a copy of the census page to your home email address.

      Regards,

      Wade.