William Allan, Shipmaster born 17/08/1823

  • davidwesthill
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
      Hi Everybody,

      Does anybody know where William Allan lived in Peterhead, after his marriage on 13 November, 1845? I believe that they lived in Prince Street, but I don't have the house number and I wonder if anybody has this, or can tell me how to find it.

      Also, does anybody know where his father John Allan lived and John Allan's father lived? John Allan born 1760, father of John Allan, born 1799.

      Best wishes,

      David Allan
    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011

        You might want to check the 1851 Census David … it’s available online via the ScotlandsPeople website …

        Regards,

        Roy

        Does anybody know where William Allan lived in Peterhead, after his marriage on 13 November, 1845? I believe that they lived in Prince Street, but I don't have the house number and I wonder if anybody has this, or can tell me how to find it.

        Also, does anybody know where his father John Allan lived and John Allan's father lived? John Allan born 1760, father of John Allan, born 1799.

        Best wishes,

        David Allan

        This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. PLEASE NOTE that all incoming e-mails sent to Weatherford e-mail accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional e-mails (spam). This process could result in deletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by its intended recipient at our organization. Moreover, based on the scanning results, the full text of e-mails and attachments may be made available to Weatherford security and other personnel for review and appropriate action. If you have any concerns about this process, please contact us at dataprivacy@....
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011

          Hi David,

          The 1851 Census in this case does not give the house number, they happen to be living next to my 3xgreat-grandfather, David McWilliam

          Peterhead 1851 Census, District 11, page 19, No.85 (not house number), Prince(s) Street

          Helen Allan, Head, Mar, age 26, Seaman Wife, born Peterhead

          William Allan, Son, age 5, At Home, born Peterhead

          Helen Allan, Daur, age 3, born Peterhead

          John Allan, Son, age 1, born Peterhead

          John Wallace, Brother, age 10, Errand Boy, born Peterhead

          You will probably have more luck with a house number from a birth certificate, if they had any other children after 1855 or the 1861 census, but they may have moved.

          I’ll send you a copy of the census page to your home email address.

          Regards,

          Wade.