RE: [Peterhead] Re: William Allan shipmaster

  • David Allan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
      Hi Jim,

      I replied to Janet before I read your e-mail. That is exactly the John Allan I was looking for, so we must be related. John Allan would be my great great grandfather. I lived most of my life in Aberdeen, but our family now lives in Portugal. I shall have a look at your website before I ask any more questions.

      Best wishes,

      Dave
      (David Allan)

      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      From: cmosfets@...
      Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:55:32 +0000
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: William Allan shipmaster

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "C & J Hinricks" <candjhinricks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dave
      > Not sure which William Allan or which John Allan you mean as I have several.
      > Can you give a bit more info please.
      > I have John Allan 1760-1837, John Allan 1799-1888,John Allan 1819-1887, John Allan 1845-1881 and they all have William for a son.
      > Cheers
      > Janet

      Hello Janet
      The William Allan you mentioned was born 1823 To John Allan (born 1799) and Margaret Forrest. John Allan born 1799 is the son of John Allan (born 1760) And Margaret Bruce. John Allan born abt 1819 is the son of John Allan and Margaret Forrest. The john Allan born 1760, I believe his parents were William Allan and Margaret Johnston but I have not found proof of this.

      If you go to my web site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
      15 years of research on my Allan clan. If I cann assist you in the future please let me know.
      Cheers
      Jim Allan
      Beacon, New York

    • candjhinricks@xtra.co.nz
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
        Hi Dave
        We are certainly related.  My line comes down through the eldest son ( John b 1819 ) of John Allan and Margaret Forrest. John Allan 1819 m Penelope Boyd Milne and their son John Allan b 1845 m Mary Ann Gow. My grandfather Charles Scott Allan b 1881 was the son of John Allan and Mary Ann Gow. Charles  ended up in New Zealand with his wife who was born in Larbert Stirlingshire.

        You will find Jim Allan's web page useful and if I can help at all just ask.
        I visited Peterhead about 3 years ago. The sun was shining the sea was sparkling and there was a lovely view from  St Peters old churchyard. My cousins and I were all so pleased to have seen the area on a nice day. Would love to go back again.

        Regards
        Janet