Re: [Peterhead] William Allan B:1823

  • C & J Hinricks
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2011
      Hi Jim
      Good to now you are still around.  My cousin Phyllis was just talking about you the other day and wondering if you were still doing research.
      Your web site has been a great help to me and many others.
      Phyllis should really bring you up to date on our line as there are mistakes which recent research has brought up.  Phyl is not well so probably not bothering too much with history right now.
      Hello to others who are researching the Allan line.

      Janet in NZ  who is also descended from John Allan and Elizabeth Bruce
    • davidwesthill
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
        Hi Jim,

        Many thanks for all of the information. At present, I find it all a bit bewildering, as I never thought I would get so much information, and it is wonderful to discover that I have so many relatives living all over the world. I had a suspicion that the family was involved with whaling, as Peterhead was a whaling centre in past centuries.

        I shall have a look at your site first and get back to you.

        Best wishes,

        Cousin Dave (in Portugal)