Re: Welcome to Peterhead@onelist.com

  • Jim Mann Taylor
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 13, 1999
      >My husband's great great grandfather was James Stephen, born May 15, 1805
      >who married Anne Cordiner, born Nov 22,1806. Their children were: Robert,
      >born 1869, Alice born 1870, Susan Ann, born 1872, Henrietta born 1874, James
      >Garden born 1876, William born 1878, Agnes born 1880, Thomas Hutchison, Born
      >1881, George Craib born 1884, Elsie Gordon born 1887, Sarah Elizabeth born
      >1889, and John Clark (our grandpa) born 1893. Robert Stephen was my
      >husband's great-grandfather who emigrated to Maymont, Saskatchewan in the
      >early 1900's.

      Shelley,

      I think you have made a mistake. There is no way that your Anne born in
      1806 could have given birth to that family ending with your relative born
      in 1893. That would have made Anne about 86 when she gave birth to John
      Clark. Even the first child in 1969 when Anne was 62ish is probably
      impossible. I think you have probably jumped two generations.

      Jim Mann Taylor
      Gloucestershire, England
      Aberdeenshire Families
      Main surnames include Taylor, Ingram, Garden, Cordiner, Stephen, Bradford,
      Birnie, Brodie, Ferguson, Mitchell, Chalmers, Allardyce.
      Plus Mann of Norfolk and Ralph of Nairn.
      <http://www.j.mann.taylor.clara.co.uk/family.htm>
    • Alison Anderson
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 1999
        Hi everyone,

        I'm looking for information on William Finnie (born c1766, no info on
        parents, death date unknown, but buried Peterhead), his wife Catherine Greig
        (born c1766, died 1858, and buried Peterhead), marriage date/place unknown.
        Catherine was the daughter of James Greig and Ann Alexander (no details
        known). I know William & Catherine had at least two sons - James (born
        c1811, married Mary Fraser - 30 December, 1837, Aberdeen, and died 28 July,
        1890), and Robert (born ?, married Mary Smith 23 September, 1837, Peterhead,
        died ?). Details of any other children to William & Catherine or any other
        Finnie's from Peterhead would be very welcome. I have a note of some of the
        children for James & Robert, but do not know all their wives or children.

        A. Anderson