Re: Stephen,Cordiner & Sellar Families

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 6:51 PM
      Alex Ritchie wrote:

      > For Anna Wilkie....
      >
      > Hi Anna, at first glance...if it's any help to you (and others)....I
      > reckon with names like Stephen, Cordiner & Sellar you ancestors are
      > almost certainly from the Village of Boddam (3 miles south of
      > Peterhead and still in Peterhead Parish).
      > Maybe this might provide a clue for further investigation ?
      >
      > There are Stephens in my wife's family but I don't believe they are of
      > the ones you are looking for.
      >
      > Best Regards.....................Alex Ritchie

      Alex, who are the Stephens in your wife's family?
      I got onto the Bruces etc. in Boddam because of a William Gordon
      Diverall Bruce. My husbands family are all from Peterhead through his
      mother a Bruce. They were inter married with Diveralls and so far I
      thought I had them more or less sorted out until I came upon the above
      name on one of the transcripts Wade published on the list. There are 2
      William Gordon Diveralls in the family but NOT a W.G.Diverall Bruce.
      He was a child who died in 1862, parents Nicholson Bruce and Margaret
      Stephen in Boddam. Well as you know there are a lot of them there and I
      have not yet got my puzzle sorted out. When I get mixed up like this I
      leave ir for a while, so progagly will come back to it again soon. There
      is more than one Nicholson Bruce and Stephen/Bruce brothers and sisters
      married each other. Does any of this connect with you? Betty.