Re: [Peterhead] Re: Sea related jobs 1825

  • Iain Birnie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 2:16 AM
      Thanks Steve - much appreciated.

      Iain
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:43 PM
      Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Re: Sea related jobs 1825

      Hi Iain,

      It’s a good question.  So I Yahoo’d for an explanation.  The answer is OPRs, I think, as indicated in the previous post on 29 November 2002 in reply to Alex, who asked the same question.  It reads:.

      “Re: [Peterhead] Sea related jobs

      Hi Alex, thanks for your message.
      I have so many people related to the sea, I took the names from the OPR and
      posted them, maybe they would help someone else also.
      Before the census in 1841 there was no real way of finding out about
      people's jobs and the OPR does'nt have many death's, so if they died before
      1841 your stuck.
      These years are years their children were baptised, hence how I got their
      jobs.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine”

      Steve