Re:Kinghorns

  • flss1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30 12:40 PM
      Have you seen the death certificate of Alexander? It should name his mother (& perhaps quote her married name)& whether she's still alive or deceased.
      Going further back,have you found Alexander's christening? It may mention exactly where in Old Deer parish he was born, or perhaps some of the witnesses may be relatives.
      I'd be happy to help you find out about Margaret Stephen, as I've researched my husband's Stephen line back to mid 1700's - in Old Deer parish!

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, ALLAN HARROP <a.harrop@...> wrote:

      > Hi to Ross and Barbara from another Kinghorn descendent.
      > Jessie Kinghorn was my Gr Gr Grandfather Alexander's sister. They were born in
      > Peterhead to Christian Middleton and Alexander Kinghorn.This Alexander was born
      > in Old Deer to a Margaret Stephen in 1812 who did not marry his father Adam
      > Kinghorn (who was accused of a "trilapse of fornication by the parish!)
      > Perhaps someone in the group can help me to find out more about Margaret
      > Stephen.I have no idea if she married, and Alexander first appears in in the
      > Peterhead 1841 Census married to Christian .
      > Where was he brought up?
      > Clues are maybe in the Middle names Janet Sim Kinghorn (Jessie) b 1842
      > Alexander Johnstone Kinghorn b 1844
      > I would be grateful for any clues.
      > Regards
      > Eileen

    • ross duncan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 30 2:18 PM
        lair 223

        Name year of death age of death
        Mary Noble 1879 7?
        William KInghorn 1882 27
        Margaret Kinghorn 1905 79
        Thomas Kinghorn 1906 54
        Helen Kinghorn 1922 11 MONTHS
        George Thomas Davidson 1928 62
        William Duncan 1933 57
        Helen Kinghorn Davidson 1942 ??
        Margaret Kinghorn Watts Davidson 1978 85

        Wade
        here is the lair record of 223.   The owner of the layer was Alex Kinghorn the same for lair 222.  Could tell me how I could get lair record for Susan Chisholm who died 1908 and buried in Constitution Street cemetery.

        Ross Duncan

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 30 2:24 PM
          To be honest I dont have time to go that far back.  I am a grateful to learn more about people I have never heard of.

          Ross Duncan

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31 12:10 AM

            Thanks Ross

            lair 223

            Name                                                                         year of death             age of death

            Mary Noble                                                                1879                           7? (70)

            Helen Kinghorn or Davidson                                1942                           ?? (78)

            Margaret Kinghorn Watts nee Davidson             1978                           85

            Wade

            Could tell me how I could get lair record for Susan Chisholm who died 1908 and buried in Constitution Street cemetery.

            https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch

            Although I didn’t find a Susan Chisholm died 1908 in the free search

            Regards,

            Wade.

          • ALLAN HARROP
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
              Hi Ross,
              There is a headstone in St Peters for the Kinghorns. I have the CD, with the photographs of the inscriptions on it. Not sure where it is, but I will send you a photo of the headstone when I find it. The owner of the lair was Alexander Kinghorn, my Gr Gr Grandfather
              Regardds

              Eileen

              I have a copy of the lair record and Christian Middleton is included in it. The rest is made up off Kinghorns and Duncans. The owner of the lair is given as Alex Kinghorn. He is the owner of this lair 222 & lair 223 (St Peters)

              I visited it last year but is very difficult to find anything. There is no headstones