Stephen,Cordiner & Sellar Families

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 1999
      For Anna Wilkie....

      Hi Anna, at first glance...if it's any help to you (and others)....I reckon with names like Stephen, Cordiner & Sellar you ancestors are almost certainly from the Village of Boddam (3 miles south of Peterhead and still in Peterhead Parish).
      Maybe this might provide a clue for further investigation ?

      There are Stephens in my wife's family but I don't believe they are of the ones you are looking for.

      Best Regards.....................Alex Ritchie
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 1999
        Alex Ritchie wrote:

        > For Anna Wilkie....
        >
        > Hi Anna, at first glance...if it's any help to you (and others)....I
        > reckon with names like Stephen, Cordiner & Sellar you ancestors are
        > almost certainly from the Village of Boddam (3 miles south of
        > Peterhead and still in Peterhead Parish).
        > Maybe this might provide a clue for further investigation ?
        >
        > There are Stephens in my wife's family but I don't believe they are of
        > the ones you are looking for.
        >
        > Best Regards.....................Alex Ritchie

        Alex, who are the Stephens in your wife's family?
        I got onto the Bruces etc. in Boddam because of a William Gordon
        Diverall Bruce. My husbands family are all from Peterhead through his
        mother a Bruce. They were inter married with Diveralls and so far I
        thought I had them more or less sorted out until I came upon the above
        name on one of the transcripts Wade published on the list. There are 2
        William Gordon Diveralls in the family but NOT a W.G.Diverall Bruce.
        He was a child who died in 1862, parents Nicholson Bruce and Margaret
        Stephen in Boddam. Well as you know there are a lot of them there and I
        have not yet got my puzzle sorted out. When I get mixed up like this I
        leave ir for a while, so progagly will come back to it again soon. There
        is more than one Nicholson Bruce and Stephen/Bruce brothers and sisters
        married each other. Does any of this connect with you? Betty.