Re: [Peterhead] George Thomson Duncan

  • ross duncan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
      I have know idea where the Thomson name came from

      Ross Duncan

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
        The informant was William Duncan (her son) she died 6th August 1889.  On the death certificate  William Duncan is classed as inmate.  He died in 1933 (90 King Street) at the time this was the Poor House.

        Ross Duncan

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
          Ross,

          My guess now would be that George Thomson DUNCAN probably died at a young age, but that is just an assumption based on what is known and we all know that in this hobby, we should never make assumptions;-)))

          The 1901 Census index shows that Isabella & Alexander WATSON also had a daughter Mary Jane bc1896 as noted in my previous post.

          I've seen the term "inmate" used before and it seemed to only reference that the person lived at the same address as the deceased - took me by surprise too the first time I saw it.

          I've also had an instance or two where the middle name had absolutely nothing to do with the direct lineage - just someone they thought well of.

          Please post should the puzzle get solved.

          Barbara
          Ontario, Canada
        • Vicki
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
            Hi,

            I George Thomson Duncan went to Detroit,he might have come through
            Canada through the Detroit Boarder Crossings to enter the USA.
            Ancestry.com has the Detroit Boarder Crossings listed. I also found
            other relatives through this information.

            Then on the other hand you might want to try PA passenger manifest also. I found relatives that came that route as well.

            I hope this is some help to you..

            Vicki