RE: Peterhead Burials

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011

      Hi I have just come across this old 2004 post. Does anyone know if this CD ever was made available?

      Or would all these records have gone onto the Scots Origins website now anyway?

      However Peterhead burial records are mentioned here as going to be on Deceased Online.com:

      http://growyourownfamilytree.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/40000-more-scottish-burial-records-go-online-including-peterhead/

      This says:

      'Over 16,000 records, dating back to 1615, for a second Peterhead cemetery, St Peter's Churchyard, are currently being worked on and will be completed and uploaded shortly.'

      So does this mean these records do not appear on Scots Origins?

      If anyone can advise I would be most grateful.

      Thanks,
      Jon

      Hi Jon,

      I see others have replied with the CD details, but I suggest a combination of the CD and the actual Lair records from Deceased Online.

      The CD will give you the inscription on the headstone and a picture.  Just remember there are just as many Lairs that do not have any headstones and also people buried in Lairs not mentioned on the headstone.  Therefore I’d search Deceased Online for a death and lair details and then use the CD to check for a headstone and picture.

      Regards,

      Wade.