RE: [Peterhead] Re: Peterhead Burials

  • John & Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011

      Hi, the CD of the Peterhead Church yard were made available. From memory I think it was the Buchan Family History Group who produced them.

      Cheers

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
        The cd's are available from The Family History Society of Buchan. You can contact them on info@....

        From: "John & Margaret Hector" <akoonah@...>
        Sender: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:00:17 +0800
        To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Re: Peterhead Burials

      • Kenmalley4@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
          Here is the web address for the group   http://www.buchanroots.co.uk/
                                                                                                    regards Kenny

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011

            Hi I have just come across this old 2004 post. Does anyone know if this CD ever was made available?

            Or would all these records have gone onto the Scots Origins website now anyway?

            However Peterhead burial records are mentioned here as going to be on Deceased Online.com:

            http://growyourownfamilytree.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/40000-more-scottish-burial-records-go-online-including-peterhead/

            This says:

            'Over 16,000 records, dating back to 1615, for a second Peterhead cemetery, St Peter's Churchyard, are currently being worked on and will be completed and uploaded shortly.'

            So does this mean these records do not appear on Scots Origins?

            If anyone can advise I would be most grateful.

            Thanks,
            Jon

            Hi Jon,

            I see others have replied with the CD details, but I suggest a combination of the CD and the actual Lair records from Deceased Online.

            The CD will give you the inscription on the headstone and a picture.  Just remember there are just as many Lairs that do not have any headstones and also people buried in Lairs not mentioned on the headstone.  Therefore I’d search Deceased Online for a death and lair details and then use the CD to check for a headstone and picture.

            Regards,

            Wade.