Cormack-Watson families

  • speleobat68
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hi all,

      Thought that I would take a break from my Milnes and try my Cormack-Watson lot instead. Some break! I'm stuck already.

      My 3x greatgrandmother's sister Rachel Milne married John Watson, shoemaker, in 1838. Their first child was named Mary Cormack Watson. On the 1871 census, there is a Mary Cormack, age 72 living with the family. The census says she is the mother-in-law, but she is really John Watson's mother. I have all the records on Rachel Milne so I know that Mary Cormack is not Rachel's mother. Unfortunately, John and Rachel move to England sometime before the 1881 census and Mary Cormack disappears. I have found one or two possible deaths in England, but none in Scotland.

      I don't have a lot of money to spend on English records since they give so little information. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this family and has any additional information?

      Carol