RE: [Peterhead] 1914 certificates re Lifeboat Disaster

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011

      No.199, David Murray Strachan, Fisherman (Married to Mary Ann Taylor), died
      1914 December Twenty sixth about 11h 30m Am In the South Bay near the Baths
      Peterhead (UR: 71 Roanheads), male, age 32 years, parents: James Strachan
      Fisherman (deceased) and Jane Strachan ms Reid, cause: Accidental drowning,
      informant: James Strachan, Brother, 23 Roanheads, Peterhead.

      James Strachan and Jane Reid were married in Roanheads, Peterhead
      20/09/1871.

      No.64, 20/09/1871 Roneheads, Peterhead, James Strachan (signed by mark), Seaman (Bachelor), age 21, UR: Roneheads, parents: John Strachan Fisherman and Janet Strachan ms Reid, married to Jane Reid (signed) Spinster, age 20, UR: Portgordon Enzie, parents: Alexander Reid Fisherman (dead) and Ann Reid ms Boom. Witnesses: James Trail Bruce and Isabella Bruce.

      Regards,

      Wade.

      I am writing in resonse to an email from Peterhead on behalf of Wade Buchan March 8, 2011. My husband is decended from the 3 Cameron menfolk on the Lifeboat at the time of the disaster, hense our interest. My question is about the family of David

    • jeancameron-calif@cox.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
        ---- Wade Buchan <wsb@...> wrote:
        > No.199, David Murray Strachan, Fisherman (Married to Mary Ann Taylor), died
        > 1914 December Twenty sixth about 11h 30m Am In the South Bay near the Baths
        > Peterhead (UR: 71 Roanheads), male, age 32 years, parents: James Strachan
        > Fisherman (deceased) and Jane Strachan ms Reid, cause: Accidental drowning,
        > informant: James Strachan, Brother, 23 Roanheads, Peterhead.
        >
        > James Strachan and Jane Reid were married in Roanheads, Peterhead

        Wade - Thanks much for your very prompt reply. My husband is son of William B. Cameron who was on the lifeboat that day.
        Sincerely Jean Cameron