1914 certificates re Lifeboat Disaster

  • jeancameron-calif@cox.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2011
      I am writing in resonse to an email from Peterhead on behalf of Wade Buchan March 8, 2011. My husband is decended from the 3 Cameron menfolk on the Lifeboat at the time of the disaster, hense our interest. My question is about the family of David Murray Strachan. I would like to know about his paarents lineage., James and Jane Strachan (Reid).. Strachan and Reid are both direct line names in my husband's tree. Any information would be appreciated. Jean
    • Margaret Geddes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011

          No.199, David Murray Strachan, Fisherman (Married to Mary Ann Taylor), died
          1914 December Twenty sixth about 11h 30m Am In the South Bay near the Baths
          Peterhead (UR: 71 Roanheads), male, age 32 years, parents: James Strachan
          Fisherman (deceased) and Jane Strachan ms Reid, cause: Accidental drowning,
          informant: James Strachan, Brother, 23 Roanheads, Peterhead.

          James Strachan and Jane Reid were married in Roanheads, Peterhead
          20/09/1871.

          No.64, 20/09/1871 Roneheads, Peterhead, James Strachan (signed by mark), Seaman (Bachelor), age 21, UR: Roneheads, parents: John Strachan Fisherman and Janet Strachan ms Reid, married to Jane Reid (signed) Spinster, age 20, UR: Portgordon Enzie, parents: Alexander Reid Fisherman (dead) and Ann Reid ms Boom. Witnesses: James Trail Bruce and Isabella Bruce.

          Regards,

          Wade.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
            ---- Wade Buchan <wsb@...> wrote:
            > No.199, David Murray Strachan, Fisherman (Married to Mary Ann Taylor), died
            > 1914 December Twenty sixth about 11h 30m Am In the South Bay near the Baths
            > Peterhead (UR: 71 Roanheads), male, age 32 years, parents: James Strachan
            > Fisherman (deceased) and Jane Strachan ms Reid, cause: Accidental drowning,
            > informant: James Strachan, Brother, 23 Roanheads, Peterhead.
            >
            > James Strachan and Jane Reid were married in Roanheads, Peterhead

            Wade - Thanks much for your very prompt reply. My husband is son of William B. Cameron who was on the lifeboat that day.
            Sincerely Jean Cameron