Re: [Peterhead] Heritage Display

  • Margie
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2011
      Wadw Hi,

      PD 277 Ugievale built by J & G Forbes, Sandhaven
      1953 for D N Buchan Peterhead. 152 hp Gardiner
      engine. Wrecked in
      a gale at Lossie mouth in 1966, no casualties.

      Margie
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 4, 2011

        Hi Roy and Margie,

        Sorry I should have explain it a bit better.  Basically I’d like to know what branch they might fit into.  I’ve pretty much proved a connection to those with Arthur from Buchanhaven, descend from Arthur Gall Buchan that moved from St.Combs to Buchanhaven about 1813 (this is my direct line).

        I also think it would be great to have, a mini family tree for  the skippers of fishing boats to put with the boat’s picture.  I’ve noticed some skippers are keeping the same boat names and in some cases keeping the same registration numbers, but that’s a huge project.

        Regards,

        Wade.

        Message 3 of 17 , May 5 8:38 AM
          Hi Wade,
          Thank you for the birth certificates and charts you sent. I am just delighted with the results of my research thanks to you and also to Margie. I have managed to research all sides of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People.' I now have my Family Trees done for Forman/Masson/Buchan/Bruce and on my Mother's side: Walker/Smith/Davidson and Downie. I am doing a DVD with places and photos and music and the charts for everyone in my family.
          Thank you so muc hfor your contribution.
          June
        • marjay
          Message 4 of 17 , May 5 8:44 AM
            Hi Margie,
            Thanks to you and Wade I have managed to get my whole family tree sorted out and am going to make a DVD for my family, with all my photos and maps and charts and Family Trees and all. I am so grateful for all your help and input and it feels great to have managed to trace all 8 sections of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People'.
            I hope your own research is going well.
            June