Re: Forman: does anyone have any information on Alexander Forman?

  • Margie
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011
      Alexander and Robert were not brothers however there was a link but through the Bruce line! Confusing - of course it is all the fisher families are the same.
      Alexander who married Elixabeth Bruce Masson was the son of George Forman and Jessie Bruce while Rob Forman - the Provost, was the son of George Forman and Jessie Ann Pirie.

      Margie
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011

        Hi Margie,

        I knew you were involved with the display of photos at Scottish Week, but didn’t know what the centre was doing.

        I have heaps of Peterhead boat pictures, including some with skippers names, but this still doesn’t always help me.

        So have you come across any of our Burnhaven Reids with boats?

        I have pictures of:

        Traveller PD 301, Willie Reid

        Violet Flower PD 41

        John Reid “Jakie”

        Windermere PD 154 and PD 203

        Andrew Reid

        Have no idea which families they might fit into.

        I would however like to know more about:

        Ugie Vale PD 277

        Danny Buchan “Burke” and Arthur Buchan “Tocher”

        White Hills PD 302

        Arthur Buchan

        All Arthur Buchan’s, Bruce’s and Strachan’s tie back to Arthur Gall Buchan from St.Combs, my main line and there is also a branch in St.Combs with the by-name “White”.  Donald would possibly know the boats as they would be around the time of his first Glenugie.

        Regards,

        Wade.

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4, 2011

          Hi Wade,

          What sort of information are you looking for? Arthur used to live next door to me in Forman Drive back in the early 60s before he moved to the South Road and we are quite friendly.

          Regards,

          Roy

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 4, 2011
            Wadw Hi,

            PD 277 Ugievale built by J & G Forbes, Sandhaven
            1953 for D N Buchan Peterhead. 152 hp Gardiner
            engine. Wrecked in
            a gale at Lossie mouth in 1966, no casualties.

            Margie
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 4, 2011

              Hi Roy and Margie,

              Sorry I should have explain it a bit better.  Basically I’d like to know what branch they might fit into.  I’ve pretty much proved a connection to those with Arthur from Buchanhaven, descend from Arthur Gall Buchan that moved from St.Combs to Buchanhaven about 1813 (this is my direct line).

              I also think it would be great to have, a mini family tree for  the skippers of fishing boats to put with the boat’s picture.  I’ve noticed some skippers are keeping the same boat names and in some cases keeping the same registration numbers, but that’s a huge project.

              Message 6 of 17 , May 5, 2011
                Hi Wade,
                Thank you for the birth certificates and charts you sent. I am just delighted with the results of my research thanks to you and also to Margie. I have managed to research all sides of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People.' I now have my Family Trees done for Forman/Masson/Buchan/Bruce and on my Mother's side: Walker/Smith/Davidson and Downie. I am doing a DVD with places and photos and music and the charts for everyone in my family.
                Thank you so muc hfor your contribution.
                June
              • marjay
                Message 7 of 17 , May 5, 2011
                  Hi Margie,
                  Thanks to you and Wade I have managed to get my whole family tree sorted out and am going to make a DVD for my family, with all my photos and maps and charts and Family Trees and all. I am so grateful for all your help and input and it feels great to have managed to trace all 8 sections of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People'.
                  I hope your own research is going well.
                  June