Re: [Peterhead] Forman: does anyone have any information on Alexander Forman?

  • Jay Mars
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1 7:24 PM
      Thank you so much Wade and Margie, you don't know how thrilled I am to get those
      birth certificates and information on my forefathers and mothers.  It's truly
      magical to learn details about them for my family tree.  It's lovely to find all
      the connections with different family names and think of the areas they came
      from.
      I will relish looking over the certificates you have provided.
      Thank you
      June

    • Margie
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2 4:57 AM
        Wade Hi,

        Many thanks for this, as you know we are working
        on the fisher family lines at the centre and
        trying to match them with boats and photographs
        for the sumer exhibition.
        This year we are going to be a "bit busy" as we
        have received permission from the Port Authority
        to use their hall for two months!

        This year the Heritage Display will be held during
        the months of June and July - we are busy working
        on the displays just now as it takes us about
        three weeks to set up.

        Donald is having boards made for some of the
        displays as well so if any of the folk researching
        are anywhwere near Peterhead during these times
        just contact me and I will arrange to meet them.

        Also to any local researchers we are looking for
        folk to help man the display - we have a number of
        volunteer already but the more the merrier. Anyone
        with an afternnon or morning tp spare will be most
        welcome and I am sure they will enjoy meeting the
        people who visit the exhibition.

        Margie
      • Margie
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2 5:48 AM
          Alexander and Robert were not brothers however there was a link but through the Bruce line! Confusing - of course it is all the fisher families are the same.
          Alexander who married Elixabeth Bruce Masson was the son of George Forman and Jessie Bruce while Rob Forman - the Provost, was the son of George Forman and Jessie Ann Pirie.

          Margie
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 2 6:26 PM

            Hi Margie,

            I knew you were involved with the display of photos at Scottish Week, but didn’t know what the centre was doing.

            I have heaps of Peterhead boat pictures, including some with skippers names, but this still doesn’t always help me.

            So have you come across any of our Burnhaven Reids with boats?

            I have pictures of:

            Traveller PD 301, Willie Reid

            Violet Flower PD 41

            John Reid “Jakie”

            Windermere PD 154 and PD 203

            Andrew Reid

            Have no idea which families they might fit into.

            I would however like to know more about:

            Ugie Vale PD 277

            Danny Buchan “Burke” and Arthur Buchan “Tocher”

            White Hills PD 302

            Arthur Buchan

            All Arthur Buchan’s, Bruce’s and Strachan’s tie back to Arthur Gall Buchan from St.Combs, my main line and there is also a branch in St.Combs with the by-name “White”.  Donald would possibly know the boats as they would be around the time of his first Glenugie.

            Regards,

            Wade.

            Many thanks for this, as you know we are working
            on the fisher family lines at the centre and
            trying to match them with boats and photographs
            for the summer exhibition.

          • Henderson, Roy
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 4 12:47 AM

              Hi Wade,

              What sort of information are you looking for? Arthur used to live next door to me in Forman Drive back in the early 60s before he moved to the South Road and we are quite friendly.

              Regards,

              Roy

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 4 2:19 AM
                Wadw Hi,

                PD 277 Ugievale built by J & G Forbes, Sandhaven
                1953 for D N Buchan Peterhead. 152 hp Gardiner
                engine. Wrecked in
                a gale at Lossie mouth in 1966, no casualties.

                Margie
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 4 3:28 AM

                  Hi Roy and Margie,

                  Sorry I should have explain it a bit better.  Basically I’d like to know what branch they might fit into.  I’ve pretty much proved a connection to those with Arthur from Buchanhaven, descend from Arthur Gall Buchan that moved from St.Combs to Buchanhaven about 1813 (this is my direct line).

                  I also think it would be great to have, a mini family tree for  the skippers of fishing boats to put with the boat’s picture.  I’ve noticed some skippers are keeping the same boat names and in some cases keeping the same registration numbers, but that’s a huge project.

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 5, 2011
                    Hi Wade,
                    Thank you for the birth certificates and charts you sent. I am just delighted with the results of my research thanks to you and also to Margie. I have managed to research all sides of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People.' I now have my Family Trees done for Forman/Masson/Buchan/Bruce and on my Mother's side: Walker/Smith/Davidson and Downie. I am doing a DVD with places and photos and music and the charts for everyone in my family.
                    Thank you so muc hfor your contribution.
                    June
                  • marjay
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 5, 2011
                      Hi Margie,
                      Thanks to you and Wade I have managed to get my whole family tree sorted out and am going to make a DVD for my family, with all my photos and maps and charts and Family Trees and all. I am so grateful for all your help and input and it feels great to have managed to trace all 8 sections of my family back to the 1500s through 'Scotland's People'.
                      I hope your own research is going well.
                      June