Re: Seamen's Tickets

  • Shirley Elrick
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 1999
      Wade the William ELRICK 106360 please.

      Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
      Email = shirley_elrick@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Wade Buchan [mailto:wsb@...]
      Sent: Friday, 11 June 1999 19:53
      To: Peterhead@onelist.com
      Subject: [Peterhead] Seamen's Tickets

      From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>

      Hi All,

      Here is a list of either Peterhead born or living in Peterhead when
      registered for Seamen, Sailors, Fishermen, etc. in 1845. This is not
      everyone, only those covered by this film.

      If any of these are yours and you would like the full information
      (physical description), then please let me know. I can also arrange a
      photocopy of the entry if you let me know in the next couple of week
      before the film goes back.
    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 1999
        Hello Shirley;
        I have a Bruce in my family from Peterhead. Peter (Pat) Buchan Bruce, born
        1 May, 1897 died Fraserburgh 13 June, 1993, was my uncle. Pat bruce married
        my aunt Agnes Janet Leslie. Do we have any common relatives?
        Regards
        William Leslie

        Shirley Elrick wrote:

        > From: "Shirley Elrick" <shirley_elrick@...>
        >
        > Wade the William ELRICK 106360 please.
        >
        > Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
        > Email = shirley_elrick@...

      • Shirley Elrick
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 3, 1999
          William, I am researching all the ELRICKs I can find, attempting to discover
          as many links as possible. But, of course, most of these links are not
          actually related to me. I feel if I could go back far enough we would all
          have one common ancestor.

          My database has the following:

          Charles BRUCE married Isabel ELRICK 6th August 1796 in Old Machar. They had
          at least 2 children, William 6th August 1797, and John 5th October 1799.
          Both born in Old Machar.

          William died 18th Jan 1858 in Peterhead.

          John lived in Peterhead in the 1851 census, and was the informant on his
          brothers death record.

          Shirley Elrick wrote:

          > From: "Shirley Elrick" <shirley_elrick@...>
          >
          > Wade the William ELRICK 106360 please.
          >
          > Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
          > Email = shirley_elrick@...

          ONElist: the best source for group communications.
          http://www.onelist.com
          Join a new list today!

        • William Leslie
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 3, 1999
            Hello Shirley;
            I will see if these are my Bruces. My uncle Pat had a son named Charles Bruce,
            who lives in Inverness.
            Regards
            William Leslie