Re: James Hird Amelia Wilson

  • Iain Birnie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
      Margaret - James and Amelia Herd were my ggg grandparents. Alexander Wilson Herd my gg grandfather. Amelia's paretns were John Wilson and Isabella Forest (married 8th Nov 1807).

      Both James and Alexander were Whalers. These are the voyages I've tracked down for James - these are all Dundee ships but he seems to have continued living around the Peterhead area while Alexander moved to Dundee. I have the crew lists that mention him. I have a similar list for Alexander if you were interested.

      Year
      Ship
      Official Number
      Voyage Start
      Voyage End
      Role

      ?
      Barbra (Barbara)
      874
      ?
      ?
      ?

      1879
      Victor
      19540
      26/2?/1879
      8/8/1879
      Ship Keeper

      1880
      Victor
      19540
      2/3/1880
      18/7/1880
      Spectioneer

      1881
      Intrepid
      18504
      12/3/1881
      20/08/1881
      Spectioneer

      iain.

    • Margaret
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2011
        Thanks Iain,
        Their daughter, Christian, married Andrew Masson and, therefore they are ggg grandparents of my son. Do you have a date of birth for Christian?
        Marg.

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Iain Birnie" <i.birnie@...> wrote:

        > Margaret - James and Amelia Herd were my ggg grandparents. Alexander Wilson Herd my gg grandfather. Amelia's paretns were John Wilson and Isabella Forest (married 8th Nov 1807).
        >
        > Both James and Alexander were Whalers. These are the voyages I've tracked down for James - these are all Dundee ships but he seems to have continued living around the Peterhead area while Alexander moved to Dundee. I have the crew lists that mention him. I have a similar list for Alexander if you were interested.
        >
        > Year
        > Ship
        > Official Number
        > Voyage Start
        > Voyage End
        > Role
        >
        > ?
        > Barbra (Barbara)
        > 874
        > ?
        > ?
        > ?
        >
        > 1879
        > Victor
        > 19540
        > 26/2?/1879
        > 8/8/1879
        > Ship Keeper
        >
        > 1880
        > Victor
        > 19540
        > 2/3/1880
        > 18/7/1880
        > Spectioneer
        >
        > 1881
        > Intrepid
        > 18504
        > 12/3/1881
        > 20/08/1881
        > Spectioneer

        > iain.

      • Mopar Man
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2011
          I'm descended from the Buchans (Alexander Buchan, b. 1861 and Eliza Jean
          Buchan, b. 1866) and the Wallaces (Joseph Wallace, b. 1855 and Elizabeth
          Gray, b. 1863) of Peterhead. I've got the dates and what-not worked out into
          thw 1700s so now I'm trying to focus on the details of the more recent
          generations. If anyone has photos or details of any members of these
          families (particularly John Wallace, b. 1890 or Gladys Buchan, b. 1898)
          please let me know.

          Matt Chapman

          Las Vegas, NV