Re: ELRICK

  • Shirley Elrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 1999
      Ann, as you can see I am an ELRICK (by marriage). I am working on my
      extended family tree.

      Before I started entering the real data info my database, I realised that
      the ELRICK name, during the period 1700 - 1850 say, was not very widely
      spread. I decided I would collate as much data about ALL the instances of
      the ELRICK name I could find. Over the past year I have done this. Of
      course I have now branched out to include the families of the females who
      married into the ELRICK line.

      This is by no means extensive, nor as carefully researched as my actually
      family tree. What I did was record all the marriages and births from IGI
      and OPR, then try to marry up the M/F/C groupings into families.

      I have about 2,000 individuals. Since the first sweep through the LDS staff
      I have done the 1851 census in some parishes (my Genealogy Society has the
      full Scottish films but they are not indexed so it is a long job) and the
      CDs of the 1881 census of GB recently issued by LDS. I have also made
      contact through various lists with people who have added to my data with
      their personal research.

      I would be glad to let you have an extract of my database. As much or as
      little as you want.

      My database program is The Master genealogist. It will download GEDCOM or
      its own format. Just let me know which you want. I would also be grateful
      if you could confirm/deny any of the data I have on your family. To do this
      you would need to let me know the names and a relevant birth or marriage
      year.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
      Email = shirley_elrick@...