Re: Edward Angus b.1843 Peterhead

  • Colin Murray
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
      Hi Roy,

      No relation but thought that someone might be interested. Actually spending this morning, because the weathers rubbish, going through the NZ archive and there are some excellent articles in there.
      For those that have not seen it before the link is as follows:
      http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast

      Colin

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
        I'm guessing this doesn't appear in the deaths at sea certificates? Another
        alternative is that the death might be registered in New Zealand or
        whichever the first Port of call was.

        Most likely even if the death was registered, the person (Captain/Master)
        wouldn't know the parents details, etc, so not much to gain from it. From a
        few Peterhead certificates I've indexed with drowning at sea, there is very
        little information given. With the local boats and crew, family details are
        know, so these are often better.

        Regards,

        Wade.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
          Peterhead Births index file has been updated again. Now has approx 950
          entries.

          Working on updating Marriage (16 extra certificates) and Deaths (23
          Certificates) indexes, probably by the end of the week.

          Thanks to contributions from Angela Patterson and others.

          Regards,

          Wade.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
            Example from Death Certificate indexing just now:

            Death 1877

            No.159, Henry Fox, died 1877 November Sixth, On board the Schooner "Asheen?"
            of Wick while off Rattray Head, male, age 55 years, parents: blank, cause:
            Congestion of the Lungs, Registered on the information of Al Simpson Jr.
            Procurator Fiscal (dated 4 Decr 1877).